I can use a number line to count

Today we practiced 'counting on.'  We learned that it is important to be able to start counting from different parts of the number line.  We used a bear counter to hold our spot and practiced counting and forward from different parts of the number line.  When we get comfortable counting from anywhere on the number line, it helps us count, add and subtract with greater efficiency.  

For example, if I want to add 5 + 8, I don't have to count my first five fingers, but count on from 5 to get to 8!

Please practice counting on with me at home!

Reminders:

-AM Kindergarten attends this Friday

-We have noticed that some students have multiple library books out that are now overdue. If you could please check your homes for any school library books that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

-May 9th - Field trip to Seton Library

These are all the heart words and letters that I should know for this time of year.  Please practice these words and letters with me.  I should be able to recognize and read these letters and words from my heart!

Heart Words: the, a, that, it, in, and, is, of, to, I

Letters: Aa, Mm, Tt, Pp, Dd, Ss, Ff, Ii, Nn, Oo, Cc, Uu, Gg, Bb, Ee, Kk, Rr, Hh, Ll, Ww, Jj, Yy, Xx, Qu, Vv






 

Popular posts from this blog

Our First Day

I can give my best smile for picture day

I can celebrate Valentine's Day