I can listen to a special story

Today Mr. Magowan read us a special story called: "The Little Hummingbird."  In the story, the little humming bird worked really hard to do the best he could - even though he is small.  We talked about what are the little things we can do in this world to show kindness and make life better for everyone.  Please ask me about what small thing I can do as Kindergartener to help the world!



We also talked about the word: BELONG.  We talked about what we think this word means.  For the next few weeks we will be exploring this word and working towards building a community that feels belonging - stayed tuned!

Reminders: 

Valentines Day

If your child would like to send cards in, we ask them to bring in a card for every child in their class on Wednesday February 14. Please leave the "To" section blank and just have your child sign their name after "From". This will make it much easier for distribution. These are the number of students in each class. Thank you

Mrs. Ly AM - 22

Mrs. Ly PM - 21

Mrs. Norrie - 23

Ms. Chan - 22

- NO SCHOOL Thursday, Friday and Monday for Teacher's convention and Family Day

Heart Words: the, a, that, it, in, and, is, of, to, I

These are all the heart words that I should know for this time of year.  Please practice these words with me.  I should be able to recognize and read these words from my heart!

Letters:Aa, Mm, Tt, Pp, Dd, Ss, Ff, Ii, Nn, Oo, Cc, Uu, Gg




Popular posts from this blog

Our First Day

I can give my best smile for picture day

I can celebrate Valentine's Day