I can use my ears to listen

In kindergarten, we have been practicing using our listening skills in order to follow directions, listen to instructions and stories read and listen to my classmates. Today we talked about how nature tries to tell us many things is we just listen. We read the story "I hear you, forest" by Kallie George. We then played a listening game where we heard different sounds and had to share what we hear. Some of us heard water flowing, leaves rustling, wind blowing, birds chirping and learned that the sounds were from a creek. Then we heard sounds from a thunder storm and then a beach. I can show you how I use my listening skills when we are going for a walk and share what sounds I hear in nature. 

We are looking forward to meeting with all of our families over the next two days. Have a wonderful long weekend. 

Reminders:

-There is NO SCHOOL on Thursday, Sept. 21st and Friday, Sept 22nd for Conferences. Feel free to bring your child with you to the conference. 

-Orange Shirt Day for Truth and Reconciliation Day - Thursday September 28

-Please return library books anytime before our next library day which will be on Thursday September 28!

-Friday September 29 - No School - Truth and Reconciliation Day 

 *** Parents/Guardians please DO NOT send any snacks containing nuts We have students with severe allergies in our classes and we want to ensure the safety of all.  Thank you for your cooperation!

Popular posts from this blog

Our First Day

I can give my best smile for picture day

I can celebrate Valentine's Day