I can show love in many different ways

Happy Monday! Today we read a book called "I am Love" by Susan Verde. We talked about what kindness means and what it means to show love. Some ideas that we came up with were, helping my family, listening to people, playing with others, being polite and simply smiling. As we learn more about one another and what it means to be a class family, we are learning how to help each other in many different ways. Ask me to share with you what I drew and wrote about. At this time in kindergarten, we are learning to follow directions and complete work following different steps. For today's activity we needed to draw a picture of how we show love. The steps were:

1. Draw a picture with a pencil

2. Color my picture with crayons

3. Put up my hand

4. Put my things away 

I am learning to be independent with looking at the visuals on the board to know what step comes next. In our drawings we are learning to draw people with body parts, fingers and adding detail (mat man). We are also learning to neatly colour our picture using detailed colours that match what our idea is. Please continue to help me with this skill by reviewing the Mat Man song (please see previous posts) and having me practice drawing people. 



Reminders:

- Wednesday September 20 - Photo Day 

-There is NO SCHOOL on Thursday, Sept. 21st and Friday, Sept 22nd for Conferences.  Please book a meeting with your child's teacher online.  If you need assistance with booking, please call the school office.

-Please feel free to return library books anytime before or next library day which will be on Thursday September 28!

 *** Parents/Guardians please DO NOT send any snacks containing nuts We have students with severe allergies in our classes and we want to ensure the safety of all.  Thank you for your cooperation!

Popular posts from this blog

Our First Day

I can give my best smile for picture day

I can celebrate Valentine's Day